Coastside Progressive Democrats General Meeting
- Thursday, Sept 28, 2017 at 7:30pm
- 504 Avenue Alhambra, Third Floor, El Granada, CA 94018
The General Membership will consider endorsing the following:
Sponsored by Dan Haggerty
Health Care is a Human Right. CA Dems leadership agrees. In a unanimous vote by its executive board, meeting on Sunday August 27, 2017 in Anaheim, the California Democratic Party has endorsed SB 562, the Healthy California Act which would guarantee health coverage to all Californians and eliminate premiums, deductibles and other out-of-pocket health costs. It's time that our CPD club endorses SB 562 as well. Vote Yes for CPD to endorse SB 562. More info at HealthyCa.org.
Sponsored by Sabrina Brennan & James Sanghyun Han
Thursday Roberts will speak about the Pacifica Community Preservation, Rent Stabilization, and Renters’ Rights Act.
Please read the following two documents for more info: Info Sheet
The Rent Stablization Ordinance will be on the Nov. 2017 ballot in the City of Pacifica.
Meet the Candidate
Nancy Magee for County Superintendent of Schools 2018
Sponsored by Sabrina Brennan
- Nancy Magee is running for County Superintendent of Schools. She has 34 years of experience in education. A graduate and college athlete from San Diego State University, Nancy began her career as a high school English teacher and varsity boys’ water polo coach.
- As Associate Superintendent, Nancy oversees direct educational services to students who are in the juvenile justice system or who are enrolled in SMCOE’s special education program.
- Nancy is a resident of Half Moon Bay. She has two grown sons.
- Website: vote4nancy.org
Please bring your membership dues to the meeting. You must be a paid member to vote on endorsements. CPD meeting are open to everyone, please bring your family and friends.
Aug 24, 2017 DRAFT Board Meeting Minutes