AGENDA — Coastside Progressive Democrats Board Meeting
- Thursday, Oct 26, 2017 at 7:00pm
- 504 Avenue Alhambra, Third Floor, El Granada, CA 94018
- CPD meeting are open to everyone, please bring your family and friends.
Item 1 — Introductions
CPD board member introductions (1-min each)
Item 2 — Meeting Minutes
Aug 24, 2017 Draft Minutes
Item 3 — Bylaws
Sponsored by James
Proposed Amendment to the CPD Bylaws
Item 4 — California Democratic Party Pre Endorsement Meeting Club Representatives
Select Two Representatives and Alternates
Sabrina will provide forms to Hene Kelly, CDP Region 6 Director
Bylaws Articles XVI, Section 2:
- Representatives shall be selected by majority vote of the Board.
Item 5 — 2018 Election Planning Overview
Sponsored by Sabrina
- State Elections
- Half Moon Bay City Council (3 seats)
- San Mateo County Harbor District (2 seats)
- Other Elections...
- Do we know any candidates that need training?
- Ed and Sabrina to work on election costs...
Item 6 — Committees
A. Discussion about activating CPD Committees
B. Finance Committee update, we received dues from the following people at the Sept meeting:
- Glenn Pew $20.00 cash
- Edmundo Larenas $10.00 cash
- Mary Larenas $10.00 cash
- Edwin Ferran $10.00 check
Please contact Cecily Harris, Chair of the SMC Democratic Party with any questions.
Cecily Harris email@example.com
Item 7 — Upcoming Event
December Holiday Party
- Should we have one?
- If so, when and where?
- Who's doing what?
- Should we do a joint party with another group?
Item 8 — Past Events
- Oct 14, 2017 — Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival: CPD board member Dan Haggerty setup a 10' tent and we tabled in support of Healthcare for all Californians. People lined up in their Halloween costumes and signed SB-562 petitions. asking Anthony Rendon, speaker of the California State Assembly to stop delaying SB 562.
- Sept 28, 2017 General Meeting — CPD enthusiastically endorsed Measure C for Pacifica Rent Stabilization and SB 562 Healthcare for all Californians.
Item 9 — Election Integrity
Sponsored by Brent (3 min)
Open Source Voting Systems
Item 10 — Surfrider Update
Sposored by Ed (3 min)
Item 11 — Lightening Round
Anyone can speak (1 min per person)
Item 12 — Adjourn
Next Board Meeting, Thursday, Jan. 25, 2017 at 7:00pm
- The Nov and Dec CPD board meetings are canceled for the holidays.